- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate syrup*
- 8 oz spicy ginger beer or ginger ale
- 2 grapefruit slices
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Bring 2 cups pomegranate juice, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a simmer in an uncovered saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce heat just enough to maintain a light simmer for one hour, or until the juice has a syrupy consistency and has reduced to about half a cup.
- Pour pomegranate syrup into a glass jar and allow to cool.
- Store chilled in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- In two champagne flutes, evenly divide the pomegranate syrup.
- Top with 4 ounces ginger beer, each.
- Garnish each flute with a fresh grapefruit slice and sprig of fresh mint.
Created using The Recipes Generator