Strawberry Rhubarb Shrub Sparkler
- ½ cup rhubarb, cut into ¼” pieces
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces club soda
- 2 mint sprigs
How to cook Strawberry Rhubarb Shrub Sparkler
- Combine rhubarb, vinegar, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is completely broken down and strands are visible.
- To a large glass bowl, add rhubarb mixture, strawberries and basil. Using a potato masher, mash all the fruit together so they release their juices. Refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and reserve the shrub. Can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- To a large collins glass, combine 2 ounces of shrub and 4 ounces of sparkling water. Ice is optional. Stir, then garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
Created using The Recipes Generator